AICRC is a state-licensed foster family agency. We recruit and train foster parents, coordinate services to foster children and provide advocacy and support to biological parents. AICRC maintains a central Oakland office and an office in Sacramento and is licensed to certify homes in Sonoma, Solano, Yolo, Sacramento, San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, San Joaquin, Santa Clara, San Mateo counties.
- Recruitment, certification and training of American Indian families to provide culturally-appropriate foster homes
- Emergency, short-term and long-term foster care placement of Indian children
- Social work and therapeutic intervention to promote family reunification
- Tribal and family representation in the court systems to advocate for the Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA)
- Information and referral services to American Indian and foster family community resources
- Education and consultation on American Indian history, culture and traditions and with the special needs of children in the child protection system.
Becoming a Foster Home
There is a huge need for culturally appropriate foster homes. If you are interested in becoming foster home please contact us.
For more information about our foster care programs and resources please contact